Saturday, September 15, 2012

This Past Week

Things worth mentioning:

I went to Jerry's Artist Outlet in West Orange NJ and treated myself to these inks.  I've been a loyal Dr. Martins user for a long time, so this transition is a big one for me. I paint invitations, projects, storybook illustrations and personalize documents with ink so finding an acrylic based ink that lasts is quite exciting! 


A few days ago, I stumbled upon this awesome stick bug hanging out in front of Daimon's apartment! I had to get some pictures. I wished he acted more like a bug and less like a stick.


Roundin' up the troops! Finished preparing these pillows for the Opdyke's holiday craft show. I have to drop them off in 2 weeks; there's nesting dolls, new jersey, ukelele, seahorses and lighthouse pillows for sale in November.



I made these vegan snickerdoodle cookies (my favorite kind of cookie!)  for a potluck music and arts festival in Jackson (link here) I'm sure they'll go fast.


This quote really touched me and thought it was worth sharing.


Lastly, I'm excited to announce that I'll be hosting a life drawing event in Newark next week at the Index Art Center.  Facebook event page link is listed below.  If you're interested in attending, feel free to mention that on the page! Some materials will be provided and instruction will be offered.




No comments:

Post a Comment