Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Thrifty Finds- April 27


I don't know how I didn't have Planet Terror already, but once I saw it unopened at the flea market, I had to get it. Tales of New Jersey was only a dollar, and published in 1960.  The pendant is of a still life with rotten fruit and a skull- $5. 2 wooden embroidery hoops- 25 cents. And since we have a new kitty, it was hard to pass up a siamese miniature... or the mini led iron.

I got this fun shirt from a BRANDY NEW thrift shoppe in Belmar, "Change Is.." The store has one hip owner that has a similar taste and aesthetic in clothes and items. She even has large-scale handmade "food" made from recycled and discarded items. A big pie slice is in the window; definitely reminds me of Claes Oldenburg. I had to get this nudy lady shirt.


Check out the Change Is... facebook page here.


No comments:

Post a Comment