Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy Summer!

Finally school's out and I got through my first year as an art teacher. On our last day, a few students and I broke up an old chalk board made of slate and played around with the pieces. We incorporated some other natural items we found outside and played with the gradients of the pieces.   I ended up discussing Andy Goldsworthy's work (he's an artist worth looking up...)  Here's some pictures from that activity:



Literally within the first 40 hours of being a free woman, I enjoyed the barnegat bay via kayak, went to the beach on the new bike, shot some film, ate at some new places and got a nasty sunburn! In other news...

My coworker and I pitched in to get our boss a birthday cake with his art work on it, which appropriately reads "Momento Mori"

A friend of mine adopted this new little bugger.

I drew another ugly portrait of my very attractive single friend Matt. Look out ladies.

Daimon found a shell when we rode our bikes to the beach, and the colors were intense!

Every time I sit down Luke Wilson needs to park himself on my lap. It's hard to watch movies with him because it makes me sleepy too...

The chicks are getting bigger day by day and I'm liking those furry slippers this one's sporting.




We made a mini stone henge.

And body painted and photographed the beautiful and talented tattoo artist, Adrienne Habel. These are just cell phone pictures, the quality images still have to be developed.  I love color but I'm thinking the black and white looks way more dramatic.



No comments:

Post a Comment