Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving is Right Around the Corner

I always anticipate the same old family jokes, vegetarian stuffing, and crowdedness of the little homes I visit to see my family all in one place. Thanksgiving with Daimon is entirely different; his family celebrates with Arabic traditions, prayers, and food. It's no wonder that my husband-to-be has such big eyelashes; everyone on his Arabic side is so good-looking!

During such a turbulent time, I'm very fortunate to have a home and family to spend Thanksgiving with. There's so much to be thankful for. Last weekend, my younger cousins and I made sandwiches for Union beach volunteers and families. Two giant, empty peanut butter containers and 4 jelly containers later, we counted 105 sandwiches. My little car was "packed to the gills".

It's been such a busy week trying to help out that it's been difficult finding the time to photograph anything for the blog. It's also difficult to grab a camera when your gloves and your hands inside the gloves are covered in mud and sand!

Are you free to do any kind of volunteering for families this Thanksgiving? Here's some calls for volunteers:  

"We need volunteers tonight and tomorrow for prepartion of the food for Thanksgiving! Please call the Brick PAL Building if you can help out- 7324770144."

"We need volunteers for Spring Lake, at the Seabreeze Deli. Volunteers can call 732-449-8118"

"Volunteers Thanksgiving day Nov 22 11:30a- 1p 732 363 9804 in Lakewood at the Macedonia Baptist Church at 143 John Street, Lakewood NJ"

"Central United Methodist-729 Arnold Ave, Point Pleasant Beach, is having a free Thanksgiving meal from 11-2pm, call 732-892-3233 to offer your help!"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Much love  -Jenny

2 comments:

  1. everyone on his Arabic side is so good-looking! Especially His uncle so I'm told

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, I hear he was so good looking that the ladies chased him right out of the country

    ReplyDelete