Monday, December 10, 2012

Busy weekend

Between gigging, baking, and crafting, you would think it'd be the perfect weekend but it was exhausting! I slept for only a few hours in between each day, but it was fun. On Friday, Elevator Art played a benefit show for Ocean's Harbor House. Here's some polaroids from the show.



At the end of the night, we had raised over $700 for the charity.

Early the next day, my friend and I had our annual bake-off. You'd have to see it to believe it. We turn her kitchen into a cookie factory.


 (These cookies are my favorite! They look tastier with powdered sugar)


 Last year we made about 10 different kinds of cookies, but this year we decided to make a lot of the same kind. Linzer tarts, coconut and white chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and a classic sugar cookies. I think I made about 8 or 9 batches of linzer tarts. After gigging the night before, I was starting to go cross-eyed with fatigue by the time I started to do the jelly centers.  We're both interested in working in schools, but incase that falls through, maybe we'll have a bakery some day since we're such a great team.

And lastly...

A friend and I were asked to have a table at a wine and cheesecake tasting at New to You vintage in Point Boro. We displayed some crocheted items, hair accessories, bracelets, and snowflake earrings. I tried on this 70's dress for fun.


I has such a delicious slice of raspberry cheesecake from a local baker, and I'm definitely planning on writing about his business for a future blogpost. Our table is still up, along with the other artisans, so check out the store soon.


I hope you had a fun weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment