Friday, March 1, 2013

Life Drawing at the Index Art Center



There's no feeling like drawing from a model and searching for those lines. I feel so empowered and limitless working from any kind of model; man or woman, child or animal. It's something that I love sharing with people and teaching them how to become better illustrators and draughtsmen. My dream is to host life drawing sessions around the state or teach in college classrooms one day.  I'm starting small by networking with those who have gallery spaces in Newark and Asbury Park so their space gets some promotion and is utilized for workshops I create. This will be my 3rd life drawing session at the Index Art Center in Newark, and the first session with a female model. This model has extensive experience in drawing classrooms.

Typically these workshop differ from the traditional life drawing session your community's artist guild might have. Peculiar tools, easels, newsprint, kneaded erasers, and instruction is provided for those interested in experimenting.  In the beginning, I'll run through the basics of what to expect from the session (gesture drawings, 5 min., 10 min., and longer poses) and will give inital advice on how to approach the model, feeling comfortable enough to move around the space, and how to capture the model's pose in a few lines. From there, I prefer to work one-on-one offering assistance to any skill-level.




No comments:

Post a Comment