Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Colorful Day

Yesterday was the last day I would see the 3rd graders at Radcliffe Elementary School in Nutley.  While I'm looking forward to graduating, I'll really miss the kids.  We finished coloring in our "Matisse characters" using cool and warm colors.  We talked about Fauvism and how painting in this colorful way was once offensive to some people.  In fact, some said Matisse painted like a "wild beast"!  He thought that was a compliment.




I had a feeling there'd be a mustache or two on the characters.  After school, I baked rainbow cupcakes for my graduate class for our last day together. I had some help; my cousin picked the colors and helped with the baking.


 YUM!!!  When it was time to decorate, I couldn't wait to use this awesome tool I got from William Sonoma.  It was worth the $13 bucks.

 I guess you could say I'm a fauvist baker.  If art teaching doesn't work out, there's always the option to open a bakery (hehe). 

No comments:

Post a Comment