Sunday, February 26, 2017

Interacting with the Landscape

Being in the southwestern states reminded me of recess in Elementary school.  Every endless curvy road has more to climb and explore. There were unfamiliar animals and plants in such a strange and hostile environment, and yet these places were paradoxically inviting. Daimon and I forgot we were hungry most of the time we were on vacation. We LIVED on cliff bars; I mean we ate them for breakfast lunch and dinner, but it allowed us to have an entire day in an area far from restaurants and people. There's more personal accountability out west compared to New Jersey.  Abandoned places were not marked with "No Trespassing" signs, nor were dangerous roads blocked off. We NEARLY drove off the side of a cliff because it was so slippery and muddy, but no signs indicted the very dangerous terrain. We must've looked like two stupid kids having no idea what it's like to live out there.

The first batch of photos I'd like to share are of us in the landscape. All of these images were captured in Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. I took the pictures of Daimon, he took the pictures of me, and we have one shot together taken with the self timer. My next post will have more images of the landscape. To say it was impressive would be an understatement.




It was a goal of mine to reach this waterfall in Zion National Park. Believe me, it was not an easy hike to do! It took a lot of strategy to get to this spot.


Daimon in Lower Antelope Canyon.




 I'm pictured here by the Bell Rock in Sedona, AZ.



No comments:

Post a Comment