Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Madness of March

March is crazy because of how busy I've become with pysanky classes. When registration opens for any given class, the class maxes out in an hour. It's amazing; every venue has been so excited to see such an interest from their members or customers. 

Here's a picture from one of my classes at Jerry's Artist Outlet in West Orange NJ.


The backseat of my car had bags and bags of donations for Ocean's Harbor House, so I spent a whole afternoon last week organizing their arts and crafts area.  Not only are the bins finally labeled and old supplies have been tossed, but each of the bins have instructions and a pack of information if someone wanted to learn a skill such as knitting or embroidery.  The youth shelter has received some very expensive, really good supplies and the youth deserve to have easy access to those tools when they are feeling creative.


My students in Art History have been learning about the Baroque art movement, and for the first time since I've been teaching at the school I taught an experimental drawing materials workshop, so they could get messy with the vine charcoal, chalk and other materials.  Both of my classes were amazed that a kneaded eraser could be so clay-like. A few of my students were so messy and challenging each other to high-fives. 



While it's been a very rewarding, very busy month so far, encouraging others to create their own work, I have had some time work on my own. This is an egg I'm planning to give away to the farmer who always thinks of me when he has a few goose eggs to spare. Though it's one of my favorites, I'm happy to give it to someone so generous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment