Thursday, September 27, 2012

Art, Friends, and Fall

Art and friends are like the nutella and bananas of my life, or the peanut butter and jelly for you traditional viewers. It's been a great September exhibiting artwork with friends, networking, rekindling old friendships and talking about art within the artist circle in Asbury Park. This Saturday the 29th, I'll be one of the exhibiting artists at the 100,000 Poets for Change event at Trinity and the Pope. My good friend, Gregg Bautista, is the featured artist of the event. Be sure to check out his table as well as enjoying the bands and listening to the poets. It's an event you won't want to miss; everybody's coming together for it  (event details here):


I drew a friend last week and wanted to share. I know a very reputable NJ model who I've been drawing since 2006. He's the best one around, and I always hire him for the life drawing events I host. Last week, I participated in the workshop with a drawing tool that is a little unusual for me- a ballpoint pen. I found it to be very adaptable to my style of drawing and thought I'd share:


 And lastly, I decided to cover my apartment with some works in progress, gifts, and purchased prints from friends. I'm really excited to have recently acquired a print from photographer Joseph Alechko and a rough draft from Richie Brown. One of these days I'll get frames so the works have some respect. Until then, I can appreciate them the way they are.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment