Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Pumpkin Express is Back in Town


This will be my 8th year painting for the Leta’s Pumpkin Express. No matter what new stresses come my way in the fall, I’ll always make room in my schedule for this charity. It’s just one of those things I get such satisfaction from.



The Pumpkin Express is an annual event held in Brick, NJ where painted pumpkins are sold and 100% of the profits goes directly to Juvenile Diabetes Research.  All the Leta kids are artists so you’ll see them painting pumpkins among other locally known painters. Many pumpkins are painted in advance, but if you come to the event with an idea in mind the artists can paint your request. 

I pick up a few pumpkins and paint 2-3 prior to the event. I always try to top myself by painting more challenging designs. 




The Pumpkin Express comes to Brick on Sunday October 14, from 9-1pm at the Brick Firehouse off rt. 88.  Artistic friends are invited to participate in the event: acrylic paints, brushes, sharpies, pumpkins, free coffee, and references are available.  Only your time and talents are requested. Non-artistic friends are invited to check out the event, participate in the raffle, and enjoy the cotton candy machine, pony rides, and play carnival games. It’s a great family event that gives back!


No comments:

Post a Comment