Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dingmans Falls

Daimon and I went on a random trip to see the fall foliage, and we drove so far that we ended up paying a $1 toll to enter Pennsylvania. Our GPS asked for a destination, so Daimon typed in "Dingmans Falls"; a place I've never been to. When we first got there, we parked in small lot filled with yellow trees and decided to walk alongside the river. We thought this waterfall was awesome, but little did we know the other falls had more exciting drops. 


 Then we saw waterfall #2.  It was so loud we could hardly talk to each other.


Waterfall #3 (to the right) had been flowing in such a straight line for so long that it carved out the rock. It looked like a big "slip n' slide" but I wouldn't try it!

Notice the slate surrounding the falls. You're bound to find fossils in that kind of rock and we spent over an hour cracking open pieces of slate. Check out the fossils we found! I'd like to think the long shell fossil is from a Baculite



On our way back, we saw this old house in a corn field. 

When I arrived back home, the mailman left a package for me. My skeleton leggings finally arrived just in time for a gig this Thursday in Toms River. Aren't they awesome?!

 Now if only I could find a shirt with ribs to match.

3 comments:

  1. Daimon's skeleton hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is right by Chris Smith's PA cabin! I'm pretty sure I've been to some of those waterfalls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's lots of fossils waiting to be discovered there, definitely check it out the next time you're in that area. wear hiking shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete