Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ford Family Fall Day PART ONE

 If you can't already tell by the picture, I was beyond excited to visit this unusual place from my childhood. Daimon and his family took me everywhere on Saturday for an autumn fun day. On our travels, we passed by a Space Farms sign, and I lit up with excitement. If you've never been to Space Farms, you may be pleasantly (or disturbingly) surprised.  This museum and zoo is more like a crazy collection of many mini museums. Even the zoo houses untraditional animals. There's a section of antique clocks, a section of vintage baby carriages, unusual wind up toys, and sooooo much more.


Goliath was the largest bear in the world, and he lived at Space Farms. His skull is on exhibit. He weighed 2000 pounds and was 12 feet tall; more than twice the size of me!


Sorry for the poor quality photo, but it was too cool not to post. Mr. Space himself made this arrow head mosaic. I wish I could have met him, he must've been such an eccentric.




Now here's what I remember the most about Space Farms.
Can you believe we got to see antique toys, mosaics of fossils and arrow heads, tools, dolls, and organisms in jars for FREE? I can't wait to go back and see the rest of Space Farms. On the website here's all the featured exhibits:

More than 50 antique cars and motorcycles
Old-fashioned carriages and wagons that traveled all over the country.
Eskimo exhibit
Fluorescent mineral theater
Weapons and rifles from both the Revolutionary and Civil Wars
Primitive tool barn
Doll museum containing a rare collection started hundreds of years ago
Blacksmith shop
One-of-a-kind complete miniature circus  (oh boy I have to see this)
A hand-built train set with all the details of the real thing
Indian arrowheads and artifacts


So... Who wants to go on a road trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment