Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HURRICANE SANDY REACHES NJ!

With a heavy heart I post these individual accounts for those who are in North Jersey and around the world.  It's all so surreal that this is where I grew up and very little of it is left. Many are still without power and so much damage is left behind. I hope NJ can get through this one.

Photo of Point Pleasant Beach, taken by Katie Gillis. 10/29

Taken by Noelle Cirello

Photo of Long Branch, taken by Chris Bahr

Brant Beach


Seaside furniture to the right.


Bayhead... before the storm really hit.


What was left after coming off the Mantaloking Bridge. 

Taken by Liz Hogan
seaside heights :(

Mantaloking Bridge, right down the road from my house. The family's safe and our house wasn't damaged; just a lot of cleaning up to do in the backyard which had become the Barnegat Bay for 2 days. Most of the houses in my neighborhood were not as lucky. 

I have a ton of photos that I took after I walked around Point Pleasant, Bayhead, and Brick. All you could hear were generators and sirens. There's gas leaks and oil in the water everywhere you step. The damage is unreal and this place will never be the same. 

This website was very useful to me to see some damage in other towns:  http://willnewman.me/sandy/bay-head.php

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos look horrible! I feel sorry for those who lost so much due to this hurricane. Good thing nobody got hurt in your family and your house wasn’t as damage as the others. I have relatives, who live in Long Beach Island, they’re not as lucky as you.

    Mary Martin

    ReplyDelete