Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November's Featured Small Business Goes To...


November's small business goes to....


Oh, how I love this local cafe! I've been coming here for chocolate milk since the days of Nirvana. The Cookie Lady's Cafe  has come a long way from when its first owner left the business to Christine Z. She transformed this cafe into a truly unique dining experience.


Christine has put so much love and attitude into her cafe! I love the all the semi-feminist signs; they're real conversation starters.

The place is small, can seem crowded, but VERY welcoming and feels like home. People are talking to each other at different tables or poking fun at the staff to hurry up with another cup of coffee. You'll notice that the stools don't match. You can thank my dad for that; he installed the missing stools with ones from another restuarant that closed. It's a fun thing to notice; I love when places like this aren't all uniform.

The Cookie Lady's Cafe has a new and improved menu with vegetarian and vegan options. Being vegetarian, I totally recommend the eggs florentine for $7. Comes with a thick slice of tomato. Yum!




My friend Tess came with me to the Cookie Lady's one day and brought her own hot sauce.


Why would I feature this business for November? Because immediately following Hurricane Sandy's destruction, the cafe was the ONLY place to find coffee, which provided comfort for those with so much work ahead. She didn't have power- they made coffee with a generator powering the place. Thanks to the Cookie Lady's for being a place of refuge, a place to make new friends, and a place for the best home-cooked breakfast ever.

Cookie Lady's Cafe
2501 Rt. 88, Point Pleasant NJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment