Saturday, December 15, 2012

Asbury Music Awards 2012

The Asbury Music Awards last Saturday had some really diverse acts and brought people from all walks of life together. We go every year, but this year we were happy to have played it.


I saw this guy playing wrenches outside and inside the Stone Pony. He was amazing!


Jason Portizo of Ugly Door Studios sneaking up on Daimon with his towering instrument.





The first time I ever played on stage was at the Saint, I was pleasantly surprised that I had no stage fright. There might have been 5 people in the audience. I played well, but stared at the frets and didn't move from my space on stage. I remember the bartender told me she admired me for being a chick on the bass, and to keep playing and practicing. Little did I know that same woman would present an award to Elevator Art years later for 2012 song of the year! That's quite an accomplishment since the competition was tough as the other nominees are nationally known.


Congrats to all the winners, including Miss Kristen Driscoll, Josh "Dogmatic", Accidental Seabirds for their Americana award, River City and Brick and Mortar for all their awards, and anyone else I missed. Proud to be a part of such a creative community.

No comments:

Post a Comment