Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Very LAST FINAL!

I have my last final EVER today. Next semester, I'll be student teaching and submitting some papers, but it won't be like today. I have to present a huge binder that took me over a month to complete, and show my class the e-portfolio I made via wix.com




So, what do you think? Is it easy to navigate? Do you like any of the activities? My favorite field-tested activity was the "Seeing with your hands" lesson. I brought 30 mystery bags to the school where I did my fieldwork, and each bag had a small object. The students had to draw the object without seeing it and using their sense of touch only. On a second sheet of paper, students had to draw the same object as a still life. We had a critique and found that many students did a better drawing from touching the object. It goes to show we have kinesthetic abilities and can use them to our advantage! Here's some examples.


 I have to look nice for my presentation today. I bought myself a cadmium red shirt and wore my favorite moonstone necklace. Wish me luck!




1 comment:

  1. Love the e-portfolio! It's super simple and very visually appealing. Also have to say that I love the hands-on project you described! I have to tell my art teacher friend about it; she teaches kids art out in San Francisco.

    Good luck with everything!

    Love,
    Your blog stalker

    ReplyDelete