Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My little Handmade Books

I have one finished book and one underway called the "Creativity Journal".  It was partially inspired by Keri Smith's "Wreck this Journal", but this one is quite different. The journal focuses on color and collaboration! In the art world today, collaboration is a big part of creation and encouraging students to be confident and exhibit prosocial behaviors is the biggest aim I have with the book.  One of the pages will have a library card pocket with precut strips of paper inside so people can write one nice thing about you and put it back in the pocket. There's another page with a one inch square at the bottom of the page and at the top of the page, both colored in with colored pencil. If you wet the squares, the markings will turn to paint like magic:

1. Ask a friend to help you with this page.
2. Wet your finger with water.
3. Have your friend wet their finger with water.
4. Drag your colors to the middle and try to blend them where they meet.

 It's a very gentle and cute approach to art and how to connect with others so I hope it gets some attention when I show off the finished booklet.





And then there's the color book catalog which I finished over the summer. This infamous color book did get some positive attention and I featured one of its pages on my first blog post!  There's no words and no formal title.  It's only a visual experience. Here's some more pages. Do you have a favorite page?


Maybe this year I'll turn all 12 images into a Calendar for 2014. Wouldn't that be fun!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment