Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Forensic Art Experiment

Daimon, my soon husband-to-be, is a forensic artist in Ocean County, New Jersey.  He's taken courses and given presentations as schools about his interesting career. It's a kind of art that I don't believe I'm capable of, but it's still an enlightening experience to be exposed to what that kind of artist normally does.

He sent me this video and I had to blog about it. It's almost like an art therapy/forensic art experiment. Definitely a must-see:


I can't find the other video that this reminded me of.  It was an art therapy project where teens and women suffering with anorexia drew a large-scale outline of themselves, and the art therapist traced their actual body outlines on top of the drawing.  The differences were astounding. The girls were shocked how far off their perception was.

This is one of the many ways that art can bring about understanding, help us cope with life, and bring people together.

No comments:

Post a Comment