Thursday, April 11, 2013

Painted Geodes

In my last blogpost, I showed examples of the works in progress for my 3rd & 5th grade students.  Today, they added a stain to the exterior, which makes it more rock-like, and painted the insides with saturated glittery watercolors.  We sprinkled extra glitter at the very end. Didn't they turn out great?




I love that each one is different and unique to its maker. Their work surpasses my crummy sample! I'm a little kid at heart and LOVE all that natural science has to offer. Natural science and art can be easily combined into a lesson. It's like this;  fun + fun= really fun! haha



I had to teach this lesson 5 times in my first 2 days student teaching at the elementary school. It's exciting that the students know my name and already love what we're doing. It's hard not to come home with a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment