Monday, June 24, 2013

Philly Magic Gardens Trip

Daimon and I went on a trip to Philadelphia with one of our favorite couples.  After spending way more $$ than we wanted to in Dick Blick, we ventured over to Isaiah Zagar's Magic Gardens and went on a self guided tour.  I was awed and inspired by all the work he had accomplished in 14 years.  Sometime this year, I plan on doing my own outdoor mosaic.  I'm spending the next month or two researching and asking experts questions about cement and adhesives.  

Here's some pics from the trip:


I love all the mirrors in his work.  It reflects the light, colors, the viewer, and the present.







Isaiah offers weekend-long classes at the Magic Gardens.  I'm thinking about possibly attending one of them, so if you think it might interest you, maybe we can go together. For more info about Isaiah and the Magic Gardens, visit www.phillymagicgardens.com

No comments:

Post a Comment