Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Grassy fields, Epic Clouds, & Butterflies Hatching

While Daimon and I were on traveling around Virginia, we visited some caves, took many drives down skyline drive, and had some memorable adventures every day.  The one awesome memory I didn't have enough film to document was when Daimon found a civil war horseshoe.  A box turtle was in the road.. and the poor guy was so scared all you saw was his shell. So we pulled over, picked him up, and Daimon took him to a nearby stream down a rocky road.  The oddly shaped, corroded horseshoe was sticking out of the water just waiting to be discovered. The shape appears to be very similar to civil war horseshoes, and considering it was found in Virginia makes it even more plausible.

Another little souvenir is the pinchpot I made during our tour in Skyline Caverns. Look.. there's ancient clay from thousands of years ago sitting in Caves and there's no art teachers to grab that stuff and teach a lesson with it? The yellowish wet clay was all over my hands after the tour.. so I guess I looked a little suspicious.  I'm the only one in town with a pinchpot made with that ancient clay.

Here's some dreamy-looking shots from the trip, taken with my Minolta camera:







No comments:

Post a Comment