Friday, July 19, 2013

Adventures in Pasta Making

Just when I thought getting a standing mixer was totally awesome, getting the pasta making attachment made it even better! Friend and expert baker, Rikki, came over and we made some homemade eats. The day before, I froze homemade tomato sauce and pesto sauce and set up our makeshift pasta drying rack.   Our pasta turned out to be very tasty; even my food-critic husband agreed it was the best he ever had.



Our first sheet of pasta.


 They laid nice and straight at first, but overnight they curled up. I'm not sure why, it might have something to do with the humidity in the apartment.

 YUM!  The spinach pasta was my personal favorite.


If you'd like to try it on your own, you don't need a standing mixer to do it. I recommend using whole wheat pastry flour and organic eggs, and try it the old fashioned way. This hipster video might give you some pointers on where to start:


No comments:

Post a Comment