Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Autumn Returns

August, September and October are my favorite months for the warm air, savoring the last moments of summer, smells, autumn cooking, weekend trips, my birthday, and dusting off the film cameras. 

Last autumn Daimon took a photo of me with my great grandmother's film camera. I still can't get over how crystal clear this photo is.

A photo of me taken last fall with 100 speed film.

A polaroid picture from this year, taken at Allaire State Park.


Here's a proof sheet from a trip we went on (that's right, I processed this roll the old fashioned way by shaking a canister!) Sorry the first shots are upside down! I like that middle right photo of Freedie Mercury.. oh wait that's just Daimon with a mustache. I like shot 21: a fellow hooper reading a vintage book on circus life in the backseat.

All year long I look forward to going on trips in October to spooky places. There's been some talk that a group of us might be visiting Sleepy Hollow. When we confirm some plans I'll pack my crocheted scarves, the Donnie Darko soundtrack, and polaroid camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment