Saturday, October 6, 2012

My 25th Year



Yes, yesterday was your favorite blogger's birthday, and this libra's quite good at balancing her schedule. I spent my day with my mister, and my weekend with a big group of friends.... and zombies. The picture above was from a special exhibition called "Century of the Child" at the Museum of Modern Art. It was so moving, I would definitely go back to see it again. We got in trouble for taking pictures, but come on, who doesn't want a picture with the original Globey? They had installed other original items from PeeWee's Playhouse.  

Daimon asked what I'd like for my birthday and I thought an experience would be more fun than a purchased gift. We went to New York City to visit the MoMA; it's free on Fridays after 4:30.  We always get vegetable samosas and mango lassis on special days and look for something new to do. I wore my HR Giger alien necklace and it was so warm in the city I could have worn shorts and sandals!



If this guy was the 3rd guitarist of Elevator Art, we might get bigger shows hehe.


Today is the Zombie Walk, an annual event that Asbury Park has held to mark its name permanently in the Guiness Book of World Records. We're not dressing up; instead we plan on spending our night at this art reception in Asbury. I reviewed one of the exhibiting artist's work on my blog; remember Richie Brown?  Opening reception begins at 7pm at Bands on a Budget, 630 Mattison Ave, Asbury Park.  I'm sure the thousands of zombies coming off the boardwalk will join us eventually. I know they tend to walk slow.



So I can check off "art museum", "art show", and "good food" off the birthday checklist.  I just hope at some point in the next few days I can blow a candle off some kind of treat, preferably vanilla. If it's with a zombie, even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment