Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Supporting our Support: Your Dedication does not go Unnoticed

I love locals who care about the arts and culture as much as I do; why not promote those who often do all the promoting?  Jeff, writer for Purple Alpaca, introduced himself to me at a Porchistas show in Hoboken a week ago and we've been networking since. Jeff posts about show listings, many of which even I didn't know about! I saw that he was posting about Elevator Art shows when the Press Room was still in business. He was nice enough to mention our upcoming EP release show on his blog.
Speak into my Good Eye has been around for a while and it's a very reliable source for spot-on music reviews, show recaps, and ticket give aways.  The site is growing rapidly, reviewing shows in the tristate area, but still centered in Asbury Park. In the about section, Chris Rotolo (founder) says it well: "Although our roots are defined, we have an eye on national and international events" such as Lollapalooza and Bamboozle music festivals. Kristen Driscoll, their staff photographer, is renowned for capturing the moment at shows. Even I have had the privilege to be Kristen's subject:
Here's a photo from Driscoll's birthday party show over the summer in Gallery 13, Asbury Park. I spy with my little eye.. Chris Rotolo... with a maraca! 

Both founders are friends of mine who are true-blues to the scene.  These are the only 2 links I would check out to get information about local bands, shows, and get honest opinions of what's happening in New Jersey and beyond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment