Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 Favorites

I used to keep a diary of favorites at the end of each year. I kept a few that were either embarrassingly funny or sentimental. My favorite band in 2000 was Goldfinger and food was mozzerella sticks. How things change.. now I hardly eat cheese hehe.

Revisiting this idea, I wanted to post my favorites of 2012.


Favorite groups for the seasons:  
Zero 7 & Sigur Ros (Spring), Bob Dylan (Summer), Fleet Foxes & The Smiths (Fall), and Portishead (Winter)

Favorite food:  
avocados and tomatoes


Favorite memories of 2012
 releasing the new Elevator Art ep "Martian Diver" in October. Saying yes to Daimon's heartfelt proposal. Filling out my paperwork for my certification in May. Experiencing the sounds from a stalagpipe organ. The three successful shows I helped put together: Hunger Collective Art Show at the Inkwell in Long Branch, Tent City Benefit in August, and Harbor House Benefit in December. Shows at Tierney's, the Pony, the Lanes, Trinity and the Pope, and Bands on a Budget. Exhibiting in a gallery for the first time. That perfect summer day when all the crafters, artists, and musicians got together at Rockin Joe's in Point. Watching movies on that old projector screen I bought at a garage sale.



Favorite art medium
thread and charcoal


Favorite artist:  
currently.. Baizley



Favorite movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Inception, and Prometheus  

Feel free to share what some of your favorites were. We are always changing, so it's fun to keep some kind of record of who you are and who you once were.  I hope you have a great holiday and your wishes come true! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment