Saturday, July 6, 2013

A neo-expressionist painter in the scene

I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorite painters these days, Aaron Smith:



The first time I had heard of Aaron Smith, his painting was on the cover of a Blue Canvas magazine and his colorful portraiture stayed with me long after I saw the cover.  Personally, there's no relationship between those dapper gentlemen and me, but his expert use of color really impressed me.  Oh, and that impasto is so tasty I want to dig a spoon into his canvases and eat it like candy (which is a rather funny idea since these men are always so serious and stiff in expression).  Since then, I've been really interested in trying to achieve the same use of color in my own work.  What do you take away from this?








You can check out his blog here. I've been looking through each page, enlightened by his inspiration and every day interests:  http://mucksnipe.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment